The Personnel Policies and Procedures Board shall be responsible for the administration of the bylaw and rules and regulations promulgated pursuant to the bylaw.
The responsibilities of the Personnel Policies and Procedures Board shall be as follows:
– To maintain an effective personnel system, monitor the effectiveness of rules, regulations, procedures and practices, and prepare an annual report.
– To ensure that recruitment, selection, appointment, and removal of employees is consistent with the personnel bylaw and the rules and regulations adopted pursuant to the personnel bylaw.
– To ensure that the town acts affirmatively in providing maximum opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, age, handicap, or other non-merit factors and with proper regard for privacy and constitutional rights for all positions and provide equal treatment in all aspects of personnel management.
– To formulate and review the classification plan and the compensation plan.
– To evaluate and classify positions and review requests for reclassification.
– To maintain a centralized personnel record keeping system.
PROPOSED PERSONNEL BY-LAW RULES and REGULATIONS UPDATES (latest edition 11/22/2014)
The PPP Board usually meets on the second Thursday of each month in the Town Hall 2nd floor meeting room. Please check MyTownGovernment or call the Town Clerks office for PPP Board meetings. To request to be on the formal meeting agenda, contact the PPP Board Chair at the below email address.
Personnel Policies and Procedures Board
210 College Highway
Southampton, MA 01073
|Rep Finance Committee||Janet Cain|
|Rep Board of Selectmen||Elizabeth Moulton|