Help! We need volunteers, whether for just an hour per year to whack back some weeds or for many hours per month as a full voting Commission member, or for many options in between. Your time spent can count as Hampshire Regional High School Community Service. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Thank you!
General Responsibilities and Duties
The Conservation Commission is the official agency specifically charged with the protection of a community’s natural resources. The Commission also advises other municipal officials and boards on conservation issues that relate to their areas of responsibility.
- Old Conservation Commission Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Conservation Commission Meeting Agendas & Minutes 1995 to 2015
- Open Space Recreation Plan 2012
- Southampton Farmland Resources Assessment Project (FRAP)
- Vernal Pool Fact Sheet
- Conservation Commission Fee Schedule
- Volunteer Handbook
Conservation in Southampton
The Southampton Conservation Commission is the Steward for over 600 acres of Conservation Properties. The Commissions relies upon volunteers to furnish labor in keeping the Conservation Properties available for use by Town citizens.
- Invasive Plants
- Manhan Meadows Conservation Area Trail Map
- Southampton Online Trail Map
- Szczypta Conservation Farm Glendale Road Hiking Map
- Whittemore Conservation Area Trail Map
- Wolf Hill Conservation Area Trail Map
- Conservation Lands Brochure as of July 2013
- Manhan Meadows Sanctuary (Hazel Young Trail), East Street (21 acres)
- Parsons Memorial Forest, Brickyard Road Ext (26 acres)
- Howland Conservation Area, Brickyard Road Ext (9 acres)
- Pomeroy Mountain, off of Wolcott Rd (50 acres)
- Lyman Family Conservation Area, Route 10 (20.5 acres)
- Connor-Dukeshire Conservation Areas (Mt. Springs Waterworks), access from High St right of way (10 acres)
- Whittemore Conservation Area, Meadow Lane (35 acres)
- Alice Brown Conservation Area, Pleasant St (38 acres)
- Szczypta Farm/Old Canal Conservation Area, Glendale Rd/Riverdale Rd (106 acres)
- Riverdale Road Conservation Area (21 acres)
- Anne Bussler Environmental Center, Riverdale Rd (11 acres)
- Wolf Hill Sanctuary CR, Fomer Rd (200 acres)
- Manhan River South Wetland (22.3 acres)
- Clearwater Woodland Conservation Area, 111 Glendale Rd (83.75 acres)
Pending NOI/RDA Applications
Meetings are generally held on the first and third Monday of every month. Due to site visits and scheduling conflicts, other Mondays may be utilized. Public Meeting notices are posted in the Daily Hampshire Gazette, MyTownGovernment website and at Town Hall.
Contacting the Conservation Commission
The Conservation Commission is an appointed, voluntary Town Commission.
210 College Highway, Suite 7
Southampton, MA 01073
Members of the Conservation Commission