General Responsibilities and Duties
The Planning Board consists of five members elected by the residents of the town for overlapping five year terms. The responsibilities of the Planning Board encompass the overall planning for the use of land and resources within the town.
These responsibilities include activities such as acting as the Permit Granting Authority, reviewing and approving Subdivision Plans, and reviewing all preliminary and definitive plan submittals; accepting ANR (Approval Not Required) Plans. In additional, this board has the responsibility of developing various long-term planning tools for the community such as Zoning By-Law, Rules and Regulations, Subdivision Regulations, and other similar documents that used by town to help guide and manage growth.
Old Planning Board Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Planning Board Meeting Agendas & Minutes 2006 to 2012
The Planning Board is an elected, voluntary Town Board.
We have no office hours.
Public meetings are every First and Third Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. at Town Hall.
Please make your inquiries to our email:
or call (413) 535-6068 (after 4:00PM).
Agenda items must be submitted Thursdays prior to the meeting by 4:00 p.m.
Documents and Applications
- Proposed Stormwater By-Law
- Proposed Stormwater Regulations
- Planning Board Fees, Policies and Procedures (Updated 5-06-2015)
- Municipal Zoning Maps
- Solar Generating Facility – Permit Application
- Common Driveway Special Permit
- Accessory Apt Special Permit
- Southampton Property Cards (Property Information, Zoning, etc)
- Erosion and Sediment Control Stormwater Management Permit Application
- Stormwater Management Permit Application
- Peer Review List
Checklists of materials required to be submitted:
- with the filing of a proposed definitive subdivision plan
- prior to endorsement of an approved definitive subdivision plan
- for a partial release of performance guarantee
- for a final release of performance guarantee
- with the filing of a subdivision road acceptance request
- Southampton Zoning By-Laws Updated 3-15-2018
- New Subdivision Regulations 3-4-15
- Medical Marijuana By-Law
- Adult Use Marijuana By-Law
Contacting the Planning Board
Town Hall Suite 7
210 College Highway
Southampton, MA 01073
Members of the Planning Board