General Responsibilities and Duties
Public Safety Complex Building Committee Charge 2016
- The Committee shall consist of 9 members, consisting of a Police Department rep., Fire Dept. rep, Finance Committee rep., Historical Committee Rep., 2 Select Board Rep. and four representatives of the community; with the option of more members if needed. Members will be appointed by the Select Board.
- The terms of the office shall be for the duration of the project and/or until the committee is discharged.
- The Committee shall report to the Select Board as required.
- The Committee shall elect its own Chair, Vice Chair and Clerk and shall establish a regular meeting schedule. All records of the Committee shall be filed with the Town Clerk and open to public inspection in accordance with applicable State Statutes.
- The Committee shall not have a direct budget of their own, but may request funds for specific purposes through the Finance Committee and Select Board process. The Select Board shall be the final approving authority on any expenditures.
- Members shall serve without financial compensation.
- The Committee shall review all past reports from prior Public Safety Complex/Building Committees.
- The Committee shall focus on the site next to the current Town Hall.
- The Committee shall create biddable building plans to incorporate the Police, Fire, Ambulance, Dispatch and Emergency Management Departments. (Taking into consideration the votes at last town meetings).
- The Committee shall work with expanding and modification of the past feasibility plan to address the concerns of the Voters.
- The Committee shall participate in the grant Application process as needed.
- The Committee shall communicate with the Inspectional Departments and staff during the planning process.
- Upon completion of the building plans, the Committee shall report report to the Select Board.
- The committee shall assist the Select Board in presentations at Town Meetings, Budget Meetings, Public forums, etc. as needed.
Old Public Safety Meeting Minutes
Public Safety Meeting Minutes 2011 to 2012
Meetings are called based on needs. Please look at MyTownGovernment website for scheduled meeting..
Contacting the Public Safety Complex Committee
Phone: (413) 527-2708
Public Safety Complex Committee
210 College Highway
Southampton, MA 01073
Members of the Public Safety Complex Committee
|William Barcomb||To Completion|
|Janet Brown||To Completion|
|Police Department Rep||Martin Cook||To Completion|
|Ian Illingsworth||To Completion|
|Charlie Kaniecki||June 30, 2024|
|Patrick Monahan||To Completion|
|Select Board Rep||Francine Tishman||To Completion|
|Chair||Don Warren||To Completion|
|Fire Department Rep||John Workman||To Completion|