210 College Hwy Virtual Zoom Meeting
Southampton, MA Selectboard
TOWN OF SOUTHAMPTON
SELECT BOARD AGENDA
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 AT 6:00 PM
Town Hall (Virtual Zoom Meeting)
210 College Highway, Southampton, MA 01073
Please note that due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus outbreak and due to Governor Baker’s Order that Town Hall is closed to the public in regards to public meetings of the Select Board unless otherwise postponed or cancelled. Otherwise they will livestream the Select Board meeting via Zoom on the internet and via Public Access TV on Charter/Spectrum Channel 191. In person attendance and Public Comment at Select Board Meetings will be suspended until further notice. If you e-mail a written Public Comment before the scheduled Select Board Meeting it will be read at that Select Board Meeting, if you e-mail a written Public Comment after viewing something at a live-streamed Select Board Meeting it will be read at the next Select Board Meeting. Please send your Public Comments via e-mail to Selectmen@townofsouthampton.org Please note that all Public Comments must be within the requirements of the Policy on Public Comments listed in the “Open Time for the Public” below:
To Watch on Computer/Tablet or phone
• Go to Zoom.us/join
o Hit “Join a meeting” in top right of screen
o Type in Meeting ID: 894-8359-1857
o Password: 198625
o Hit “Join”
o Please be sure to mute your device when joining in
Note: to join in video meeting with cell phone you will need to down load the zoom app from the app store.
Pledge of Allegiance
• Call to Order
• Tom Quinlan Jr. – Alternate Building Inspector, term to expire June 30, 2020
• Select Board
• Town Administrator Report
• Boston Post Cane – Mary Balfour – Southampton oldest living resident
• Shared Building Commissioner – Update
• East Street Bridge – Update
• FY 2020 Budget Revenue and Expenditures Review
• Next Steps disposal of surplus Real Property 93 College Highway
• Glendale Road Project – Update
• Extended Accident and Sickness Insurance – Update
• Open Space & Recreation Plan Update
• Rte. 10 Water Main Replacement – Update
• Town Caucus postponement past May 12, 2020 due to COVID-19 concerns – Update
New Business: Action/Discussion
• COVID-19 – Update
• Building Commissioner Job Posting – Update
• End of Year Departmental Transfers #1
• Selectboard & Communication
• Any other necessary business that cannot await the May 26th regular Select Board meeting.
• Personnel Change Forms (PCF)
• One Day Wine & Malt – Lynn Coffey – Conant Park Pavilion – Graduation Party, June 7, 2020, 2 PM to 10 PM – conditional
• PD 20-42 $54,056.71 Payroll Deduction Warrant
• P 20-44 $274,258.31 Payroll Warrant
• PD 20-44 $47,905.40 Payroll Deduction Warrant
• PD 20-44A $202,334.25 Payroll Deduction Warrant A
• W 20-45 $1,724,465.03 Vendor Payable Warrant (Includes HRSD Qtrly Assessement)
Other Documents requiring Signatures
• Easthampton Media Contract
Minutes to Approve
• Dog Complaint – White Loaf
• DOER Green Community Grant Update
• Charter Building Fomer Road
• Clearwater Woodland – boundary
Calendar & Announcements
• Select Board meetings – May 26
• Select Board meetings June – TBD
“Open Time for the Public”
The Select Board reserves a portion of its meetings for public comment and encourages participation as follows:
• Open time is a time when town residents can bring matters before the Select Board that require a minimum of discussion and are not on the agenda.
• Please try to keep your comments short and to the point. Plan on being allowed up to five minutes per person, not per topic, to speak at any meeting under open time, only.
• If it appears that the topic(s) being discussed will consume longer than the five minutes allocated then, at the discretion of the Chair, the matter will be placed on an upcoming Select Board meeting agenda.
• If you believe that your topic will require more time or desire to make a more formal presentation than is allowed under these guidelines, please contact the Town Administrator to ask to be put on a future agenda so that we can properly allocate enough time.
• You are free to ask questions or to make your point for all to consider. However, engaging in active debate with the Select Board or audience members will not be allowed. All comments and questions must be directed to the Chair of the Board.
• All remarks must be respectful and courteous, free of name-calling and personal attacks. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
Read any letters or comments received.
• MGL c. 30A, Sec 21, #2 – To conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with non-union personnel or to conduct collective bargaining sessions or contract negotiations with non-union personnel.
Select Board to adjourn Meeting and not return to Open Session